Saturday 13 October 2012

Loose Minimates: Wave 9 Blade and Street Fight 4-pack Shin Akuma

Okay, let's face it we all need to save money for whatever we buy. Loose Minimates are examples of this. So today I present to you a Minmates review of loose proportions.

Packaging
The Minimates were in resealable plastic bags when I bought them.

THE FIGURES
Wave 9 Blade        
Blade has gained a lot of popularity over the years. He has 3 movies which weren't by Marvel and he also had 2006 TV series. His character has also appeared a lot lately in Comics. So I thought it was fitting to give him this review at this point in time.

Sadly, this figure didn't come with his accessories. He didnt come with his original katana and sheath or his glaive. But I fixed him up witha couple of part swaps. He has a hairpiece with sculpted glasses. Blade wears a black coat with a sash that has sculpted stakes. He wears a sculpted belt w/ bomb. He has painted-on boots. He also wears painted gloves. Underneath he has some chest detailing. 

I made some part swaps to make him look close to the original. I added a sheath from the Deadpool in the Deadpool Corps boxset and some silver handguns from Dante.

Overall thoughts: Even without the tweaks this was still a good figure.

Score: Without tweaks-7/10
            With tweaks- 8/10



Shin Akuma
I haven't played Street Fighter in a while. However the times I did, Akuma was my usual choice after Ryu. So even though I don't know much about him I'll give him an honest to goodness review.

Akuma has a nicely detailed hairpiece which looks definitely similar to him in the games. His shirt and pants are painted so they look torn. He also wears a "gi." The gi reveals his chest which has some okay detailing. He also has a sculpted crotch piece which was new at the time of his release. He also wears the old-style gauntlet and sadly enough only one is removable on mine. He also wears a bead necklace. If you didn't notice his skin is orange.
He didn't come with accessories just like Blade. But, in his original 4-pack he had a Hadoken blast. Sadly, I don't have a spare one lying around so he's gonna stay like this for now.

Overall Thoughts: Meh he's alright I guess.

Score: 7/10










No comments:

Post a Comment